Seoul, Korea 09-15 Feb 07

The Shilla, Seoul Korea

Located on the hillside next to Dongguk University, pity that I don’t know the exact name of the hill however it is a pleasant staying in this hotel. It took us 1 hour and 15 minutes to reach the hotel from Incheon Airport. I guess the time will be half if you landing at Gimpo airport.

As far as public transport is concern only taxi is available, for subway, long walk under the hill is required however the good news is there is a complimentary bus service provided by the hotel that will take you around interesting places around Seoul city itself. It will depart on the hour from the hotel and you can jump out and jump in again from the drop point. Surprisingly they did not check whether you are their hotel guest.

The room is average size room, I got a double size bed which of course my preference. The complimentary tea and coffee is available, flask type kettle is provided so you just need to put water and leave it, whenever you need a hot water it always available as long as you did not forget to top it up again.



Complimentary toiletries is available however the is a small note in the toilet saying that disposable razor and toothbrush cannot be supplied to the guest as it against the local law, hmm, first time I heard of this, wonder why?

Breakfast in Shilla is a wonderful experience with variety of food from American style to typical Korean. I love the noodle soup, you can choose what type if ingredient you prefer and the chef will cook it for you.

I did not go to the gym however I can see it from my room’s window looks very well equip, my crew said the gym is marvelous, and there is also indoor driving range for golf enthusiast.

Staying in Shilla is a wonderful, the only thing that offset it is the internet, I was in impression that in this high tech country the internet normally is complimentary for the guest however it is not. 10000 Korean Won for first 1 hour on LAN, 11000 on wireless, 20000 & 22000 Won for 24 hrs usages respectively.

0 comments:

Designed by Posicionamiento Web | Bloggerized by GosuBlogger | Blue Business Blogger | Optimised By Adsenseblogtemplate